I have a computer that my work provides for me that I plan to bring to class and use for my coursework. Is this okay?
If you have your employer’s permission, the other thing you will need is administrator rights on the computer in order to install software specific to your program. If you are not able to obtain these rights from your employer, you may need to acquire a personal computer.
How do I set up my access to the Drexel wireless network on my phone/computer/tablet?
Run the DragonFly wizard, which will complete the setup steps necessary on your computer.
Are there any alternatives to the wireless network for Internet access?
We have a wired network available in every classroom. Plug an Ethernet cable into the jack labeled 3 or 4, if they are numbered, or a jack that is blue or red, if they are color-coded. Your computer will automatically be connected after about a minute.
May I use the seminar room SmartBoards for studying or a group project?
Yes. Please follow the steps below:
- Plug the VGA cable coiled below the SmartBoard into your computer's external VGA connection.
- Turn on the SmartBoard using the button below the board.
- On Windows computers, you may have to press a hotkey on your computer to activate the external VGA connection (such as Fn-F8). On Mac computers, the SmartBoard may be set up as an extended display by default, so you either need to drag your windows to the SmartBoard, or change the display settings to mirrored.
- You may also use the speakers next to the SmartBoard by connecting the 1/8" audio cable also coiled below the SmartBoard. Plug it into the 'audio out' jack on your computer, often labeled with a headphone symbol.
- When you are finished, don't forget to turn off the SmartBoard by pressing the on/off button below the board twice. This will save the projector lamp for your next use.