Master of Science in Finance
Drexel University's Sacramento Masters in Finance has a more focused curriculum than the MBA, allowing students to further their education in the field of finance. The program is intended for both international and domestic students interested in establishing a career in finance or financial services, seeking career advancement or making a career change to the field. Many students ultimately seek to achieve the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
The Drexel Difference
The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) Program:
- Is completed in 18 months of year-round, full-time study and is provided in a blend of face-to-face and online experiences.
- Prepares students to sit for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) examination.
- Is offered at our campus in Sacramento, California, which is very close to San Francisco and the Silicon Valley.
- Provides opportunities to collaborate with Drexel students and faculty in Philadelphia.
- Utilizes the technology available in our state-of-the-art facilities.
Networking Opportunities for Both International and Local Students
With more than 130,000 alumni worldwide, Drexel University is known for its diversity and its focus on providing students with strategic professional advantages. At Drexel University Sacramento, students are given one-on-one attention that allows them to build their professional and personal networks both in California and around the world.
- Drexel University Sacramento's staff assists students in securing housing in California's capital city. Students are also invited to numerous University events, ranging from professional development workshops to meet-and-greet mixers. For more information, please visit our Student Services page.
- Drexel University Sacramento's alumni represent some of the most promising up-and-coming leaders in the Northern California region. In fact, six of our alumni were recently named among the Sacramento Business Journal's 40 Under 40. As fellow Dragons, you will have the opportunity to work and play alongside our accomplished students
- The University has a unique relationship with the Sacramento Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce that provides students with membership opportunities, monthly networking mixers, invitations to special Chamber event, and an in-depth orientation to the Northern California region.
- Students also have the opportunity to apply for a discounted membership to Metro EDGE, the Sacramento Metro Chamber's young professionals organization. Launched in 2009, Metro EDGE represents more than 500 of the best and brightest of the Sacramento region’s up-and-comers.
Drexel University Sacramento is currently accepting applications for the Fall 2015 program. Prospective students for the Fall 2015 Sacramento Master of Science in Finance program are encouraged to apply by February 15th, 2015.
While Drexel University Sacramento offers rolling admission deadlines, it's important to apply as soon as possible to raise your chances of being accepted. Applications are reviewed year-round and on a rolling basis until programs are filled. Most decisions are rendered within 14–21 days of completion of application requirements.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- GMAT of 520 or above (GRE may also be accepted)
- TOEFL score of 90 or above (IELTS, Kaplan IBT, and Pearson Test of English will also be accepted)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Work experience preferred but not required
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (English translation from college is required)
The MS Finance's 54-credit curriculum includes courses in:
- Measuring and Maximizing Financial Performance
- Essentials of Economics
- Business Statistics
- Operations Management
- Corporate Financial Management
- Managing Technological Innovation
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Decision Models and Simulation
- Investment Management
- International Financial Management
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Advanced Financial Management
- Business Conditions and Forecasting
- Managerial Accounting
- Risk Management
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Seminar in Finance