Everywhere you look at Drexel University you see and feel signs of growth and momentum.
In recent years, Drexel has opened the nation’s largest private medical school, launched the first
new law school in Philadelphia in more than 30 years, and dramatically increased enrollment and
Dr. Bernadine Sikorski, PhD
Program: MS Human Resource Development
Dr. Bernadine Sikorski has been teaching in an adjunct faculty capacity in the MS in Human Resource Development program since 2008. She has written and taught three of the core courses in Drexel's MS in HRD degree. She plays a vital role in both the Philadelphia Drexel program and the Sacramento program.
Dr. Sikorski is the Deputy Division Leader, Human Resources for the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), Los Alamos, New Mexico. She has over 25 years of experience in human resources management, training and development (and online learning) in both the academic and business environments (Bechtel Corporation). She has worked in Higher Education Administration, including student services and adult continuing education.
Dr. "Ski" has a PhD in Higher Education from St. Louis University, an M.A. in Education and Psychology from Northern Arizona University, and a BS in Psychology from Northern Arizona University.
Her areas of specialization include:
- Strategy design and execution
- On line learning and course development
- Project management and program implementation
- Climate studies, employee surveys, needs assessment and program evaluation
- Teambuilding and development
- Mentoring; executive coaching
- Training and development design and delivery
- Leadership development and effectiveness
- Development of assessment centers
- Building high-trust relationships with employees
- Downsizing and workforce restructuring
- 360 appraisals and counseling
- Building internal capacity for strategic change
- Managing culture change within the organization
- Employee relations resolution
- Developing performance management systems
- Training in a safety culture, supervisory, leadership and management development
- Conflict management and mediation
- Management of the human resources function
- Distance learning